State of the art metrology is essential when making gears.
Specific to gears is the Gear measurement machine. Hindle have a Klingelnberg P100 with a resolution of 0.01 microns. It is the most accurate machine in the country at the time of going to press. It is housed in a temperature controlled environment with our CMM.
Other equipment includes:
- Mitutoyo CMM
- Faro Arm
- Air gauging for bores
- Laser bore measurement
- Perthometer for profile measurement
- A great deal of conventional equipment such as verniers, Micrometers, snap and omni gauges etc.
- Acid etch for grinding abuse
- Millipore for cleanliness
- Gauss tester for residual magnetism
- Hardness testers